Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hope this cheers you up Laura.



This drawing was created for my long time friend Laura who I grew up with on West 52nd Street and now lives in California.  She is the one who showed me how to doodle in a journal we made.  In one of her posts she mentioned she was feeling down and tired from the move to her new home.  She was responsible for moving her mother into a new home at the same time.  I felt this was as good of an excuse as any to doodle a picture for her.  I had to be different so I colored it in with just about every marker I owned.  I then added Stickel glitter to some items such as the fish and owl.  I put plastic flowers on her hat and filled all the eyes in with a clear glaze to add dimension.  You can't really see all of this unless you can see it in person.

Her reaction was worth it. She truly loved it and posted a beautiful message on her blog.  She called me her little sister!  I have always had my "real" sister Jan, the next door neighbor Nan and Laura who lived a few doors down.  They were all older than me, yet didn't mind me hanging around with them.  I find it an honor to be among the West 52nd girls.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a wonderful blog! I am looking forward to more posts Little Joanie. And, I am crazy about the blog name. It looks just like you! Xo