Tuesday, November 20, 2012


For some reason I started to have a real passion for drawing.  It started in a condo at Myrtle Beach.  There we had a reunion of childhood girlfriends that pretty much haven't seen each other for maybe 40 years.  We are the West 52nd. Street Girls!  We decided to each bring a craft to teach or show the other during our one week stay on the beach.  Between shopping, eating and walking the beach we found time to gather around the table and do crafts.  I learned how to knit a scarf with only five stitches.  We made crystal bracelets and we each sewed a journal together.  That really peaked my interest.  I am an avid scrapbooker and knew I could use this.  Since Laura, showed us how to Zen Doodle I have been hooked.

Below is an example of about my third drawing.  This is a different version of my doodling.  The designs are spaced further apart making it more like a drawing.  I have hidden words into the photo to make it personal.

It started during my lunch hour when I wanted to know how to draw baby animals and found some lessons on Google.  After I knew the kitten would come out half way decent, I decided to make this one for my childhood friend, Nancy.  She has been my friend since I was born on West 52nd Street in Parma, Ohio.  She has come in and out of my life as the years have gone by and have always kept in touch.  She said she wanted a drawing from me so this is what "came out of me" for her:

No comments: